Monday, March 28, 2016

Hell Bunny Lily Dress

This dress will look familiar to a lot of you as it is one I have already blogged before, however since I last blogged it I ended up having some alterations done to the hem to make it look more vintage. Originally this dress had a mullet hem so when I saw the alteration Lauren made to her dress I was inspired to follow her Flapper Hack tutorial and do the same with mine! Here you can see the original blog post with how the dress looked before it was altered, however I definitely prefer how it looks now as I find this length to be more flattering without my knees exposed.

After having a quiet Easter and doing no Easter activities whatsoever (other than gorging myself on hot cross buns) this outfit was worn on a trip to the pub - an original 1920s pub which I will be posting about more on instagram later, and shopping for reduced Easter chocolate.

It's apparently autumn at the moment, everyone seems to have their fires going even though it's 30 degrees every day. People in Brisbane are clearly terrified of the possibility of it being even slightly not hellishly hot so they are doing their best to keep summer going all year long rather than enjoying the two weeks of cool weather we get each year - as my friend cleverly observed!

I too jumped the gun and wore this hat that I've been eager to wear for a while now, and since I spent most of the time in the air conditioned pub it didn't matter too much. You might have noticed that I am really loving Bait shoes at the moment - I have to admit I am obsessed. I am relieved to have finally found a brand that makes not only affordable, but very nice looking art deco shoes. In terms of sizing I seem to be the one of the few people who has not had any issue - I always go half a size up from my regular size and so far so good.

Wearing:
Hell Bunny - dress
Ebay - hat
Bait Footwear - shoes

13 comments:

  1. Well done on the alteration, it has made all the difference to the look of your dress. It really looks super pretty! And I love your shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress on you! The collar/sleeves is/are just lovely. I love how drapey and flowy it is! I love love love the new hemline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a genius alteration, I checked out that lady's post. You look fabulous, very pretty and feminine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a genius alteration, I checked out that lady's post. You look fabulous, very pretty and feminine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The dress look really fabulous paired with this hat and shoes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully lovely ensemble. I just love the overlapping-ness of how we're each able to dress in much the same way (in seasonal fashions, I mean) during these early days of spring + autumn. It provides all the more styling inspiration to those on each side of the equator.

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dress, gorgeous outfit, and gorgeous photos! I really like the alterations you've made on this dress! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that hat goes perfectly with that dress, the alterations to that Hell Bunny dress is wonderful! Love the location for your photos as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such an inspired thing to do to a dress - it works so well! Such a cute 20s outfit . I am also buying all the BAIT; Zulily can probably afford to retire off of me by this point. I've been stung by the sizing though - most of mine are consistent, but there's one style that was about a whole size small. Thankfully they turned up on Zulily so I bought them in the right size in the end :D x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos lovely...as always. Great idea to change up a dress....love it!!

    Regina
    Margarita Bloom | Modern Vintage Beauty & Fashion
    BLOG: Cherry Lips Blonde Curls
    INSTAGRAM: @margaritabloom
    BLOGLOVIN Margarita Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is amazing, and if you didn't write I would never guess that is Hell Bunny. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous alteration and I do think it looks much better now! I have to say you are really making me want to explore some 1920s and 1930s with this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha well I don't think it's necessary to have a fire going as soon as it gets below 30 degrees, but I definitely can get on board with having summer all year round! Also good on you for actually altering your dress, I used to always tell myself I was going to do small alterations or fixes only to realise a year or more later that I hadn't done it yet and probably was never going to. At least I'm honest with myself now!

    Jessica - littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete