Monday, March 7, 2016

Peacock Flapper Coat

I bought this fabulous robe, or flapper coat - whichever you'd like to call it - in the middle of summer and so it has been a painful wait to finally be able to wear it. Apparently it's autumn now, and indeed it has cooled down very slightly so that I can finally take this gorgeous, most luxurious and fun to wear garment out of the closet. A cross between lounge wear and evening wear, I honestly don't care how flamboyant I look wearing this coat, therefore making the peacocks most appropriate! I wore this fabulous coat to the cinemas last week to see Hail Caesar and it kept me nice and snug in the chilly theater. It is fairly safe to say that I am obsessed with these coats and there will be a few of them making appearances on the blog throughout autumn and winter.

Something that I really love about the fashion of the 1920s is that accessorizing is so encouraged. I have never worn earrings on the blog before my last post because I have never actually had my ears pierced. I am terrified of anything sharp and painful so piercings have never been my thing, meaning my whole life I have missed out on wearing earrings. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I was contacted by reverefolie who have a fantastic range of handmade jewelry that offers customers the option to choose clip on earrings! reverfolie have a beautiful range of pieces inspired by jewelry from the 1900s to the 1950s with many fantastic art deco inspired designs. I love the instant glam that a pair of statement earrings like these add to an outfit and I get complimented non stop when I wear mine out.

Wearing:
thrifted flapper coat
David Lawrence heels
Miss Harlow Darling earrings & ring c/o reverefolie
Modcloth hair pin

12 comments:

  1. Um, how cool is it that they named these earrings after you?! I feel like jewellery makers are cottoning on to the offering clips or posts for earrings - like my favourite Bow and Crossbones do. I've never had that problem though, too many piercings in my case! This coat is amazing - seriously, what a find! And I can never get over how perfect your locations are for your photos; serious artistic envy ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection - definitely deco jewelry at its best!! xxx I love that piano shawl - is that what it's called? Hahahah Deborah from The Vintage Drawer once lent me the most beautiful piano shawl for a photoshoot - it was so nice and heavy because it had metal bits sewn on... I really love 20s/30s look on you... I wish I could pull it off as well as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw droppingly gorgeous peacock coat. I adore how the full fail plumage is displayed on the sleeves. That is garment worthy of being called a work of art. You look utterly stunning, sweet Harlow.

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous flapper coat, absolutely love it! Adore those earrings and hair-clip...stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOAH HEY NOW YOU TOTAL GODDESS! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the flapper coat is beautiful! and i love your jewellery as well! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resplendent and serene, she ambles amongst the ferns, stopping folks in their tracks with her aura! Sorry, it's been a long day, I don't know why I started to get all poetic, I just felt moved by such lovely photos! I don't have pierced ears either, and everybody thinks that's weird, but I'm with you with a fear of needles. It seems strange to think of your Autumn just beginning, as we move into Spring xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfit! You really wear that flapper coat well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coat is absolutely incredible!! I can see why you want to wear it all the time, although I feel like I couldn't really pull it off it looks like it was made for you! And I love that your hair clip reminds me of a peacock too.

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning. That coat is rather fabulous. You look like you are just wandering around your greenhouse before the guests arrive for your evening party.

    Also I'm so with you about ear piercing!

    ReplyDelete