Monday, April 25, 2016

The Colours of Autumn

The first blog post of the season where it actually looks like - and feels like autumn! After a very balmy month, over night the cold winds started to blow and a proper chill settled. This weekend we went out of town and visited Toowoomba where we spent some time scouring antiques stores and enjoying the beautiful historic little town. I was very excited to come upon all of these beautiful traditional looking autumn trees, something we don't have any of at all where I live, so it was quite the novelty for me. I haven't really been able to experience the joy of having four seasons since I moved here from Russia and the large maple looking leaves brought back childhood memories of making colourful leaf crowns.

The cool change also gives me a chance to wear something more exciting than dresses! This particular jumpsuit brings to mind the ones worn by Anna May Wong who was well known for her fabulous taste in wide legged jumpsuits. While I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about wearing jumpsuits for how flamboyant they look, or because they don't enjoy wearing trousers in general - 1930s style jumpsuits come pretty close to being very similar to a dress in terms of comfort and freedom of movement.

Jumpsuits are especially a great piece to have in your wardrobe for the cooler months for days when you want to wear a dress but can't stand the cold chill on your legs even with a a pair of stockings. I love the way that this jumpsuit gives the illusion of a floor length dress if I stand a certain way and I look forward to dressing it up for a more glamorous evening look later this week when I head out for a friends birthday celebrations.

Wearing:
B.A.I.T - shoes
reverefolie - earrings c/o
Ebay - sunglasses

10 comments:

  1. Wow I absolutely love this jumpsuit on you, the colour looks amazing on you to! Such a great location to take photos as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally killing the vintage look! Love the red jumpsuit! xoxo

    Daniel x
    The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez
    New Post: Coachella inspired look

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome - such a lovely colour on you too. I think wide-legged trousers are beyond my short legs (quite literally, acres of material beyond in both length and width!), but I'm enjoying watching their vintage comeback on others :D I'm also glad to see another BAIT purchase - got to keep Zulily in business... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jumpsuit is perfection. Serious perfection. Love the pleats on the pants!! Eeeeeppp!! I don't now if I can pull this off but I really want one!! You look friggin amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That jumpsuit! I love how you have the perfect colored shoes to wear it with too! I love Autumn. It is probably my favorite season of all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What incredible colours of Autumn. Glorious! This jumpsuit is beautiful, and does look like a full length dress. So elegant! And lots of lovely tailored details too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing colours! Autumn is by far my favourite season, but it's only spring here in Germany. <3
    Enjoy this amazing season!!
    xx
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can have your breath taken away while you're jaw is on the ground at the same time, that is what just happened to me over this beguilingly stunning outfit and series of photos (staring my perpetually favourite season). Truly, truly gorgeous work!

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo oo oo!! What a smasher of a jumpsuit! The colour is lovely, and the Autumn backdrop is perfection. Great photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an awesome look! I love your vintage style.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete