Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Fountain at Twilight

When I first saw this dress it brought to mind the outfit worn by Kiera Knightley in Atonement in the famous scene with Cecilia and Robbie by the fountain. Although Cecilia's outfit is actually a two piece blouse and skirt set, the colour scheme and the floral print on this chiffon dress is slightly of reminiscent of the outfit in the film. As a sort of tribute to this scene, I did nearly fall into the fountain several times, and in the second last photo you can even see the sash dragging in the water...good thing I didn't fall in as that would have upset the rather plump goldfish that was the single resident of this beautiful lily covered pond.

Wearing:
Iconic by Unique Vintage dress
Wittner Shoes

11 comments:

  1. Where on earth do you find all of your stunning locations?! This is so perfect - it definitely captures the aesthetic of that film exactly. Oh, you look so beautiful... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo such a romantic outfit and backdrop! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astounding location! So very romantic and portrays the feel of the film beautifully. What an effortless dress, truly elegant and sophisticated but also a little playful with the print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamy, as if this was a 'set' created just for your shoot. My next outfit post was taken in an alley(!) The dress has such a floaty quality, as though you're not of this earth. An outstanding look. I am glad you didn't fall in! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these photos are sooo romantic. Atonement is like my favorite movie ever so I definitely approve of this outfit :) And seriously 20s and 30s really suit you - you've inspired me to wear more of these decades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking "Atonement vibes" as I scrolled down these beautiful photos, and then you mentioned it! Total Atonement vibes! Great dress and what a spot, the fountain and lush greens are making me long for summer. Fabulous photos with such beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I'm loving these photos so much...so beautiful! That dress is stunning on you to! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so beautiful. I adore everything about this look but especially the shoes. I am surprised they are from Wittner as I never saw them, how did I miss them?

    Yes, I also love Havana from Kitten D'Amour. I bought the pink dress and have been wearing it heaps. I have a post coming up next week on it. I also tried on the black jumpsuit and, despite it not being my usual style at all, I loved that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The first thing I thought was that the sash reminded me of the floating panels on the dresses my great-grandmother wore in the 1920s in some photos we have. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful dress! You look amazing in it!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete