Friday, January 1, 2016

At the Avalon




For years now, I've driven past this abandoned art deco theater on the way to class. It's a beautiful old building and it's a shame to see it boarded up when it has so much potential! I rarely go to the movies, but if cinemas were still like they used to be, I would probably go every weekend. The Avalon was built in 1921 and movies were screened there until the late 1940s. Today the building belongs to the university I attend, and is sadly unused. Unfortunately I don't have a wide angle lens so I couldn't get any full shots of the theater, but there are a few photos of the whole building on my instagram!

While red is always my go-to lip colour, I felt like being a bit adventurous and decided to give dark wine coloured lips a go. I'm a bit unused to the colour on me, but I do like it and I felt that it went nicely with this new Hellbunny dress. I am always excited when Hell Bunny releases a new collection and I really loved their last one a few months ago that had a few great 30s and 40s inspired looks!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty, feminine dress. The collar is so lovely!! There was an old movie theatre near me, but sadly it was torn down. Such a shame that these buildings are no longer valued and used to their full potential.

    ReplyDelete