Saturday, January 23, 2016

Modcloth Cause for Delectation Jumpsuit

January is by far the hottest month, and today being no exception to this rule, it might seem a bit odd that I am wearing a full piece like a jumpsuit rather than a dress! However, the light airy fabric and relaxed fit of this one piece makes it completely comfortable on days like today. This outfit was worn for drinking iced coffee and browsing books in a vintage book store. With all of the space in our new place I find myself constantly buying books lately, coming home with heavy bags full of them rather than shoes or clothes. If truth be told I am honestly not that much of a fan of novels these days (a major in literature and creative writing can put you off them I'm afraid...) and instead I prefer fiction, crime, history, and autobiographies. And maybe a few books on historical fashion thrown in for good measure!

Jumpsuits and beach pajamas always bring to mind Anna May Wong who wore them so glamorously. I am a bit disappointed that there aren't any vintage reproduction companies who specialize in beach pajamas - but a girl can dream, right? I love the rather androgynous silhouette that jumpsuits evoke and the ease of movement that they allow. This Modcloth jumpsuit was bought with work in mind - I like the strong sleek lines and the not so playful and more austere dark shade. The platforms I'm wearing with it may not look practical but they add a considerable amount of inches making me almost six foot tall - and I walked all over Bondi in them so they are as comfortable as platforms can be!

Other than books, something I've been enjoying lately is paying closer attention to Brisbane's architecture, which all started with some local history books that I bought. I often don't take the time to appreciate the beautiful older buildings in our city which I had long written off as "not as beautiful as Sydney" - however one has only to look up and find the beautiful architecture that is everywhere. Like for example - this cat gargoyle who I had walked past for years and only noticed this week - he has since been dubbed "Anatomically Correct Cat".

Wearing:
Novo Shoes

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I don't own a jumpsuit, how has that happened?! I really love the dark green colour on you. I don't think I could wear it in the heat though, I am terribly sensitive and British and like it to be warm but not hot for me to be happy! Isn't it wonderful to 'discover' architecture you walk past all the time and never register? Last year I did a 'treasure hunt' for my hen party in my local city, and we learnt so much about the history, and discovered a few gems x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful! This jumpsuit really suits you; the colour is perfect. Also, we did the same degree! It put me off writing, but nothing can put me off reading ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumpsuit perfection in my books. From the beautiful forest green hue to the endlessly elegant cut, it's a striking garment that looks absolutely smashing on you, sweet dear.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this jumpsuit on you so much and those shoes and glasses look amazing with that jumpsuit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous jumpsuit! The fabric looks really sleek and soft, and it must be great for the hot weather. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very stylish jumpsuit and I love the round sunnies too. I'm also surprised that despite the interest I've seen in beach pyjamas, no companies really seem to be making any. Not enough elegant lounging pyjamas either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous outfit! I love this jumpsuit on you! I too have been dreaming of a reproduction company to start doing 1930's style beach pajamas.... it seems with more and more jumpsuits coming out that this might be something that might be coming in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of the silhouette with the wide leg and the neckline detail. Super chic and cool. The super high heels are a fab idea with such a wide leg trouser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has got to be one of the chicest jumpsuits I have ever seen! I love the deep green color and bow at the neck. The architecture is very pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete