Friday, January 1, 2016

The Lighthouse

I used to try really hard to limit the amount of nautical things in my wardrobe. However I am now at the point where I'm not going to bother with these restrictions anymore because the fact is - nautical always look fabulous. Living in Australia means that I have many opportunities to go to the beach, so I may as well embrace it and get all the nautical things! Lately I've been enjoying adding nautical looks from different decades to my wardrobe and have a number of nautical outfits planned for summer.

On our road trip to Grafton we stopped for coffee along the way and came across the most beautiful lighthouse I have ever seen. It was tiny, and I'm not entirely sure how functional it could have been, but it was incredibly sweet. Unfortunately that day it poured non stop, but on our way home we stopped by the lighthouse and luckily it wasn't raining this time. Instead it was a golden afternoon and we watched the sun set over the ocean and the lorikeets gorging themselves on the banksia flowers.

The dress I wore was a rayon Trashy Diva dress with the biggest pockets - perfect for making sure I don't lose my sunglasses! I've often worn this dress to the beach with a swimsuit underneath as it's so soft and comfortable and the large pockets hold all of the pieces of shell and sea glass that I love to collect.

Dress - Trashy Diva
Shoes - Novo
Sunglasses - ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment