Friday, January 1, 2016

1930s Beach Dress



Contrary to how it must look, with it being rare that you will ever see me in a hat - I actually really love wearing hats! My only problem is that its not often that I am able to find a hat that I like and you would be surprised how much time I actually spend online looking at hats.

Dramatic hats with a wide brim are a favorite of mine, and I would wear them more often if only I could figure out how to keep them from flying off my head. I especially love hats from the 40s and 50s and spent this weekend pawing through hats in antique shops with disappointing results, so I was pretty pleased when I came across this one in Myer!

This elegant Collectif maxi dress is reminiscent of 1930s beach wear and was extremely glamorous to wear for a walk along the promenade. The fit of the dress is nice and loose with light flowing fabric and in summer it would be perfect to pop on over a swimsuit and lounge by the pool - cocktail in hand of course.

Hat - Myer
Dress - Collectif
Shoes - Novo

2 comments: